Yes, you can use water instead of milk.
Can I substitute water for milk in brownies?
12. A few simple replacement ideas: Replace the water called for on the box with milk or heavy cream. Or try adding melted butter instead of oil. Add one extra egg to your mix to make your brownies more cakey….
How can I make my brownie mix better?
- Add chunks of your favorite chocolate candy bar to the mix.
- Add vanilla extract to the brownie mix.
- Add chocolate chips to the brownie mix before baking.
- Top your brownies with white, chocolate or peanut butter chips after they bake.
- Add marshmallows to the brownie mix.
- Add chopped nuts to your brownie mix.
How do you make box brownies richer?
Doctored up brownie ingredients
- eggs – necessary for moisture and act as a leavening agent.
- melted butter – makes the chocolate flavor richer compared to vegetable oil.
- buttermilk or milk – makes the brownie richer and taste more homemade.
- cocoa powder – adding additional cocoa powder makes the brownies more chocolate-y.
Can you replace oil with butter in box brownies?
Can I use butter instead of vegetable oil when baking brownies from a mix? You can absolutely substitute butter for the vegetable oil. Use the same quantity specified in the directions (for example, if it calls for 1/3 cup of oil, use 5 1/3 tablespoons of butter). Melt it down, then let it cool a bit….
Can you use olive oil in brownies instead of vegetable oil?
If your recipe calls for vegetable or canola oil, you should definitely substitute those oils with gourmet extra virgin olive oil. Any dessert recipe that calls for vegetable oil as an ingredient is a perfect choice for olive oil. In these recipes, the swap would be a one-to-one ratio.
What can you use instead of butter for brownies?
In general, the following foods work best as butter replacements in cakes, muffins, cookies, brownies, and quick breads:
- Applesauce. Applesauce significantly reduces the calorie and fat content of baked goods.
- Mashed bananas.
- Greek yogurt.
- Nut butters.
- Pumpkin purée.