Table of Contents
The “Hi” speed screw controls the amount of fuel at full throttle.
- Remove the air filter cover by unscrewing the knob.
- Turn the leaf blower off.
- Turn the idle speed screw until it barely touches the throttle plate.
- Start the leaf blower to let it warm up.
- Things You Will Need.
- References (1)
How do you adjust the carburetor on a Echo PB 251 blower?
2-3 Adjusting carburettor
- Start engine and warm it up alternating engine.
- Adjust idle mixture needle (A) with 2.5 mm blade.
- Set idle speed to 3,500 r/min on PB-251, to 3,400.
- Turn idle mixture needle (A) anticlockwise to.
- Adjust hi speed mixture needle (B) to obtain.
- Turn hi speed mixture needle (B) anticlockwise.
How do you adjust a carburetor on a blower?
How to Adjust the Carb on a Homelite Blower
- Place the blower on a flat workbench. Locate the three adjustment screws found on the side of the carburetor, just below the air filter.
- Turn the “L” screw clockwise until the screw seats with the screwdriver.
- Turn the “H” screw clockwise until the screw seats.
- Rev the engine.
Why is my gas blower smoking?
A common, simple problem that may cause a leaf blower to smoke is improperly mixed fuel. Gas leaf blowers use a pre-mixed fuel that combines gasoline with a two-stroke engine oil. However, if the fuel mixture is improperly mixed, the fuel will burn poorly inside the cylinder, which may cause the engine to smoke.
How do I stop my small engine from smoking?
Troubleshooting and Fixing the Mower
- Check and replace the air filter.
- Check oil level, grade and type. Change the lawn mower oil if necessary.
- If oil has found its way onto the engine, let the mower run until the oil burns off harmlessly.
- Checking the angle at which you’re mowing.