Open the File Explorer, find and right-click on the RAW disk. Select Format -> choose the NTFS file system. Click OK. That’s it.
How do I change raw format to NTFS without formatting?
How convert RAW to NTFS without formatting?
- Click on Start, then type: cmd and hit Enter.
- Right-click on cmd and then click on “Run As Administrator”.
- Type “Diskpart” and then hit Enter.
- Type H: /FS :NTFS and hit Enter. (H shall be the drive letter of your RAW storage device.)
What does RAW file system mean?
RAW file system indicates a state of your hard drive which has no or unknown file system. A disk or drive with a RAW file system is also known as RAW disk or RAW drive. When a hard drive or external storage device is shown as RAW, it could be: The file system of the drive is missing or damaged.
Why is my file system Raw?
The RAW file system can be caused by a number of reasons such as virus infection, format failure, accident shutdown of the operating system, power outages, etc. When a hard drive or external storage device becomes RAW, your device is unusable and you cannot access the files stored on it.
What does the type of the file system is raw mean?
Definition. RAW file system is a state of the hard drive or other storage device which has no known Windows file system. Because no file system exists on the drive, there can be no files or folders on the drive, and it cannot be used to store data.
What is the mounting of the system?
Mounting a file system attaches that file system to a directory (mount point) and makes it available to the system. The root ( / ) file system is always mounted. Any other file system can be connected or disconnected from the root ( / ) file system.
How do I make my raw partition active?
Enter diskpart at the search box on the desktop, right click it and choose Run as Administrator.
- list disk.
- select disk n (where n is the RAW hard drive)
- attributes disk clear readonly.
- create partition primary.
- select partition # (# is the volume letter of RAW partition)
- active (if it is the boot drive)