What to do if you are charged over and above the MRP?
- Call the helpline. If you are overcharged for any product, you can register your complaint by dialing or .
- Send an SMS. You can also register your complaint by sending an SMS to .
- Register your complaint online.
How do you respond to an overcharged customer?
Protocol of Handling an Accidental Overcharge
- First and foremost apologize profusely.
- Explain clearly and simply to the customer what has happened, be humble but professional.
- Allow the customer a moment to be irate if they so choose.
- Explain step by step what you are doing to mend it.
Can a seller sell thing above MRP Yes No?
Maximum Retail Price or MRP is the HIGHEST price at which the product can be sold in India. This includes the cost of production, transportation, middlemen profit and also all applicable taxes. You clearly understood that any price above the MRP is totally illegal.
Can restaurants charge more than MRP on cold drinks?
In 2017, a Supreme Court bench ruled that hotels and restaurants can sell bottled water and packaged food at higher than the MRP. The bench decided that the provisions of the law won’t apply to hotels and restaurants, and these establishments can’t be prosecuted for selling items above the MRP.
Can restaurants charge GST on MRP?
If a retailer charges GST over maximum retail price, a consumer can file a complaint against him. A consumer can file a complaint at the ministry or several anti-profiteering commissions set up in India. A retailer cannot charge over MRP. However, a retailer can sell at a price lower than MRP.
Is marked price the original price?
If cost price is $1200 , calculate the marked price of the article . I learned that marked price is the “base price” on an item before any discount is given.
What is the relationship between cost price and selling price?
Cost price (C.P.): This is the price at which an article is purchased. Selling price (S.P.): This is the price at which an article is sold. Profit or Gain: If the selling price is more than the cost price, the difference between them is the profit incurred.