Table of Contents
- Place corn in a colander and rinse with cold water until ice is no longer present.
- Place corn and butter in a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle sugar over corn and stir until butter is melted and corn is hot (about 5-6 minutes).
- Season with Kosher salt and fresh black pepper if desired.
How many calories in a bag of frozen corn?
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
Is frozen corn good for weight loss?
Corn is rich in fiber and plant compounds that may aid digestive and eye health. Yet, it’s high in starch, can spike blood sugar and may prevent weight loss when consumed in excess. The safety of genetically modified corn may also be a concern. Still, in moderation, corn can be part of a healthy diet.
How much is 1 cup of corn in grams?
How many calories are in a pound of corn?
Each bushel weighs 56 pounds and each pound of corn yields about 1,566 calories. That means corn averages roughly 15 million calories per acre.
What plant produces the most calories?
11 Highest Calorie Crops for Your Survival Garden
- Potatoes. Potatoes are one of the most versatile foods in the world–baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, French fries, hash browns, tater tots, potato chips, and about a million different casseroles.
- Sweet Potatoes.
- Jerusalem Artichokes.
What crop produces the most calories per acre?
What is the most efficient food?
More Efficient Foods, Less Waste
- Grains. Grains require less energy to produce than most other foods.
- Vegetables. Although vegetables require more energy than grains to produce, they are still relatively energy lean.
- Meats, poultry and fish.