- How do I enable HTTP?
- How do I use a trusted certificate for https router management?
- What is ip http secure server?
- What is the use of IP HTTP server?
- What is the IP name server?
- What is the purpose of the ip http server command on a switch?
- How do I access my cisco router Web interface?
- How do I enable Web interface on a Cisco switch?
- How do I access my network switch?
- How do I access a network switch remotely?
- How do I route a VLAN?
Enabling Secure HTTP (HTTPS) Access to a Router
- Problem. You want to configure and monitor your router using an encrypted browser interface.
- Solution. To enable secure HTTP (HTTPS) access to a router, use the ip http secure-server command: Core# configure terminal Enter configuration commands, one per line.
How do I enable HTTP?
Enable the HTTP Service (Web Interface)
- Access the ILOM web interface.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Click the System Management Access subtab.
- Click the Web Server subtab.
- Select either Enabled or Redirect HTTP Connection to HTTPS from the HTTP Web server pull-down menu.
- Type the web server port number into the HTTP Port field.
- Click Save.
How do I use a trusted certificate for https router management?
These can be configured under [System Maintenance] > [Time and Date] by setting the router to “Use Internet Time” so that it gets its time from an NTP server. To generate a certificate on the router, go to [Certificate Management] > [Local Certificate] and on there, click GENERATE.
What is ip http secure server?
“ip http secure-server” is for HTTPs authentication to the device. It uses port 443. SSH is a different protocol and uses port 22. There is no need to enable “ip http secure-server” if you are using SSH only.
What is the use of IP HTTP server?
This command configures support for the Web IOS interface software. This feature enables an HTTP server on the router and allows you to configure the router by pointing any web browser at this server.
What is the IP name server?
A name server is a server that returns an IP address when given a domain name. This IP address is basically the domain’s location on the Internet. Basically, DNS is where you set the IP address for your domain while with name servers, your web host sets the IP address for you.
What is the purpose of the ip http server command on a switch?
It enables the switch to redirect users for web authentication.
How do I access my cisco router Web interface?
Enter 192.168. 1.1, or the other assigned IP address, and click Enter on your keyboard. This should open the GUI screen of the router. From here you have access to all configuration options.
How do I enable Web interface on a Cisco switch?
Enabling Web and Secure Web Modes
- Choose Configuration > Switch > Management > Protocol Management > HTTP-HTTPS.
- To enable web mode, which allows users to access the switch GUI using “http://ip-address,” choose Enabled from the HTTP Access drop-down list.
How do I access my network switch?
Log in to a Network Switch via Telnet
- Connect the management port of the switch to the RJ45 port of the PC with an Ethernet cable like Cat5e and Cat6 cables.
- Power on the PC.
- Type the user name and password (admin/admin) in the login interface, then move on to the configuration menu as shown below.
How do I access a network switch remotely?
Step 1 From the remote host, enter the telnet command and the name or IP address of the switch you want to access. Step 2 At the prompt, enter the password for the CLI. If no password has been configured, press Return. Step 3 Enter the necessary commands to complete your desired tasks.
How do I route a VLAN?
The simplest way to enable routing between the two VLANs to simply connect an additional port from each VLAN into a Router. The Router doesn’t know that it has two connections to the same switch — nor does it need to. The Router operates like normal when routing packets between two networks.