Table of Contents
What does regular car maintenance include? On a regular basis, you should bring your car in for a car tune up as well as replace consumable items such as motor oil, radiator coolant, brake fluid, power steering fluid, wiper blades and brake pads.
When should you do car maintenance?
Most mechanics still recommend the so-called service interval, which puts your car in the shop for scheduled maintenance at 30,000 miles, 60,000 miles, and 90,000 miles.
What is a vehicle maintenance?
Vehicle Maintenance means vehicle and equipment rehabilitation, mechanical repairs, painting, fueling, and lubrication.
How do you know if your car has a long drive?
Before your trip
- Step 1: Change the engine oil of your car.
- Step 2: Check the fluids of your car.
- Step 3: Check air pressure of your car.
- Step 4: check the tire wear by using tread gauge.
- Step 5: Check the car’s air filter.
- Step 6: Make sure all car lights and signals are working.
- Step 7: check battery in your car.
What to check before going on a long drive?
Before packing up, make one final check of the following:
- Tires condition.
- Check tires tread and look for signs of strain, bulges, or other damage.
- Tire pressure, don’t over inflate.
- Wipers and wiper fluid.
- Flush radiator, if you haven’t done so in a while.
- Fuses and Horn.
- High and low beam headlights.
What do I need in a car emergency kit?
Vehicle emergency supply kits should include:
- A properly inflated spare tire, wheel wrench and tripod jack.
- Jumper cables.
- Tool kit and/or a multipurpose utility tool.
- Flashlight and extra batteries.
- Reflective triangles and brightly colored cloth to make your vehicle more visible.
How do I take care of my car in the winter?
Important winter car care tips
- Swap out regular tires for winter tires. Snow or not, if you live in an area where temperatures regularly fall below 45 degrees, winter tires are recommended.
- Check tire pressure weekly.
- Keep your fuel tank half full.
- Add a protective layer.
- Protect your windshield wipers.