If you’re interviewing for a position as a server, barista, hostess, bartender, or cashier, stick to an all-black look: a black button-up, wrinkle-free, black slacks or a pencil skirt for women, and a black dress shoe. If you’re interviewing for a managerial or supervisory role, try a polished business casual look.
How do you ace an interview at a restaurant?
Common Restaurant Job Interview Questions
- Walk the interviewer through your experience working in restaurants, the roles you’ve held and your responsibilities.
- Smile and be personable.
- Include one or two facts about yourself, like maybe where you’re from or a hobby.
What should I expect at a lunch interview?
Follow these ground rules to crush it at your next lunch interview:
- Be courteous to everyone. From the moment you walk into the restaurant, your social skills are under the microscope.
- Make smart small talk.
- Order strategically.
- Bring your application materials.
- Come prepared—and say thank you.
Is a dinner interview a good sign?
If you’re concerned, ask your interviewer for a recommendation. Treat a dinner interview as you would a regular interview. Remember, a dinner interview is a good thing! If you’re at this stage you’ve most likely already gotten through one round of interviews, so take that as a sign that you are doing something right!
Which of the following questions should be avoided during a job interview?
13 Questions to Avoid During a Job Interview
- Age or date of birth (if interviewing a teenager, you can ask if he or she is 16 years old)
- Sex, race, creed, color, religion or national origin.
- Disabilities of any kind.
- Date and type of military discharge.
- Marital status.
- Maiden name (for female applicants)
What are competency based interviews?
Competency-based interviews (also known as structured, behavioural or situational interviews) are designed to test one or more skills or competencies. The interviewer has a list of set questions, each focusing on a specific skill, and your answers will be compared against pre-determined criteria and marked accordingly.