John F. Kennedy
Why should you forgive your enemies?
It removes the anger and malice from your heart. You’re no longer giving someone else authority over your mind and heart. You’ll will have a peace of mind. You have the power to forgive.
Is it OK to not forgive someone?
Though society pressures you to forgive the person who wronged you, the truth is that forgiving may be the worst thing you can do. Though many find a way to move forward in life, forgiveness truly eludes them. This does not make them bad people. This just means that it is not healing for them at this time.
How often must I forgive?
Nowhere in the Gospels does Jesus teach that forgiveness should be offered unconditionally. In Matthew, Jesus says that church members should forgive each other “seventy times seven times” (18:22), a number that symbolizes boundlessness.
How do you move on when someone won’t forgive you?
How To Deal With Someone Who Won’t Forgive You: 6 No Nonsense Tips
- Set aside what you think should be.
- Examine the quality of your apology.
- Take responsibility for the harm you caused.
- Know that forgiveness is their choice.
- Try letting some time pass and apologizing again.
How do you forgive someone who isn’t sorry?
How to forgive someone
- Peace into the present. Whether you realize it or not, if you hold on to resentment, you’re living in the past, where all of the hurt unfolded.
- Flip your focus from others to yourself.
- Take responsibility for your feelings.
- Own your part.
- Stop looking to feel slighted.
- Apply a loving lens.
Should you forgive someone even if they are not sorry?
Forgiving and reconciling are not the same. You are free to forgive, if you so choose, even if the other refuses to apologize.
Can you forgive a narcissist?
After all, forgiveness is in the context of injustice and if the person simply cannot help being narcissistic, then there is no true injustice and therefore nothing to forgive. This can leave you with a sense of frustration and inaction and therefore no release from resentment.